Exercise Study Opportunity for Women with or without Eating Disorder’s (ED)
- The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of persistent driven exercise on Eating Disorder Treatment.
How to sign up…
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be eligible if you are…
- Female between 16-22 years old
- Meet the criteria for DSM-5 Eating Disorder OR have no history of Eating disorder
- Physically healthy to exercise and cleared by your doctor to participate
- Free of major medical conditions
- Stable for Outpatient Treatment
- Speak and understand English
What is expected of participants?
- Complete a preliminary online screening.
- 4 (1 virtual & 3 in-person) visits to the UW Psychiatry Department (WisPIC) for computational and exercise tasks.
- Complete interviews, questionnaires, behavioral tasks, and food-challenge tasks.
- Refrain from eating for about 4 hours before scheduled visit.
- Exercise for 30 minutes.
- Provide blood samples.
- Wear an accelerometer for 7 days.
- The study does NOT involve radiation, medication, or overnight visits.
Participants can earn up to $200 for completing all study visits.